free shipping and free returns (SA only)

Technical Info

Italian Raw Materials

All the materials and components used in the manufacturing of our eyewear are sourced from world renowned companies based in Italy. 

Acetate Frames
Acetate is a synthetic fiber derived from natural raw materials such as wood and cotton fibers. The benefits of acetate frames include the following:

  • Highly durable (Can withstand any amount of pressure and stress without losing its elasticity; Acetate frames do not loose their shape and structure; resistant to wear and tear)
  • Allergy-free (they do not contain any kind of artificial agents that can create allergic reactions)
  • Eco-friendly and easily renewable (acetate is bio plastic manufactured from tree pulp and cotton liners, the materials used in acetate frames can easily be recycled and renewed)

Acetate sunglasses are a great investment in the sense that it offers high quality, great comfort and style all at the same time.

Lenses
Our lenses are high quality *Category 3 lenses providing 100% UVA and UVB protection. CAT 3 are the only lenses recommended for driving.

The levels of sun protection are divided up into 0 – 4 filter categories: 

Lens category 0:
Fashion spectacles
Very low ability to reduce sun glare. They provide limited or no UV protection.

Lens category 1:
Fashion spectacles
Provides limited sun glare reduction and some UV protection. Fashion  spectacles with category 1 lenses are not suitable for driving at night.

Lens category 2:
Sunglasses
Provides a medium level of sun glare reduction and good UV protection.

*Lens category 3: 
Sunglasses
These sunglasses provide a good level of UV protection and a high level of sun glare reduction.
Allows only 20% of visible light to be transferred, while successfully blocking out the remaining 80% for a higher level of protection, which makes them the prime choice of sun lens for everyday use.
The only lenses recommended for driving

Lens category 4:
Sunglasses
These are special purpose sunglasses that provide a very high level of sun glare reduction and good UV protection. Lens category 4 sunglasses must not be used when driving at any time.

 

Ultraviolet (UV) rays 
UV rays are invisible rays from the sun. Eyes are very sensitive to UVA/UVB light. Exposure to UV light can result in photokeratitis (eye sunburn), conjunctivitis, cataracts, macular degeneration and eye cancer. UVA & UVB are the most dangerous to the eyes, since UVC light is blocked by the ozone layer.

CE mark
The CE mark has been existing since 1 July 1995 and ensures your sunglasses provide adequate UV protection up to at least 380 nanometres. It is located on the inside of the temples and indicates that the model complies with stringent EU product safety directives.